hese are good “on-the-go” snack or after/before work out snack. Another
Makes 12 pieces
- 12 pieces Dried Apricots
- 2/3 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons honey (adjust the amount based on how sweet your orange is)
- 1 and
halfbar of ApriSweet Dark Chocolate
- 1.5 tablespoons Unsweetened almond milk
- 15 pieces whole roasted almonds, chopped
- Chop dried apricots finely and put into a sauce pan with orange juice and honey. Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until orange juice is absorbed. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Chop chocolate bar into small pieces.
- When the apricot mixture has been cooled enough to handle, scoop out 1 teaspoonful of the mixture, shape into a ball and place on a plate. Repeat this until the mixture is gone. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- About 10-15 minutes before the apricot mixture is ready, in a medium heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water, put chocolate pieces and almond milk. Stir until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Stir in chopped almonds. Let cool to room temperature.
- Remove the apricot mixture from the refrigerator. Coat the apricot mixture, one by one, with the melted chocolate mixture and place on a parchment
paper linedplate. Repeat this until all apricot mixture is used (you should make at least 12 pieces and may not use all chocolate mixture if it remains). Refrigerate until set (at least 1 hour).
Tags : Apricot PowerApricot Power Blogb17chocolate almond bitesdried apricotshealthy snackorange apricotSnack